Eleven Regional Ministry Gatherings (RMGs) will be hosted by parishes throughout the Diocese of St. Cloud from now through September.
This new ministry initiative aims to build relationships between parishes and the diocese and between parishes and other parishes while sharing information on topics that are relevant to people serving in parish leadership. Parish leaders across the diocese were surveyed, and those results used to plan the RMGs leading up to Diocesan Ministry Day, set for Sept. 30.
The theme of these free events and Diocesan Ministry Day is “Called to Be… Prepared to Do…” which centers on our baptismal call to leadership and discipleship. The first RMG was held last October at Our Lady of Victory Church Fergus Falls.
The next 11 events will focus on topics such as youth and young adult engagement, leadership skills, music ministry, elements of a vibrant parish, and many more. Priests, parish staff, parish volunteers and parishioners are invited to attend as many RMGs as they would like.
The dates, times, places and topics (as of Jan. 7) for the next RMGs are as follows:
- Jan. 23: 9 a.m. to noon, St Mary Church, Mora. Topics: “Hospitality: Would YOU Come Back?” “Becoming Who We’re Called to be at Work: How the Workplace Forms Disciples” and “Crisis Communications: Is Your Parish Ready?”
- Feb. 7: 6 to 8:30 p.m., St. Michael Church, Buckman. Topics: “Catholic Education: From Catholic Schools to Faith Formation Programs,” “Developing a Culture of Stewardship in Your Parish” and “The Diaconate: Serving God and Serving People”
- March 5: 6 to 8:30 p.m., St. Paul Church, Sauk Centre. Topics: “Co-Responsibility: The Common Priesthood of All Believers” (interpreted into Spanish), “Enriching Marriage for Married Couples and Those Who Work with Them” (interpreted into Spanish) and “Baptized in Christ’s Body, Called in Christ’s Service.”
- April 30: 9 a.m. to noon, St. John the Baptist Church, Swanville. Topics: “The Voice of the Assembly,” “Budgeting for Mission and Ministry (interpreted into Spanish) and “Baptized in Christ’s Body, Called in Christ’s Service.”
- May 2: 6 to 8:30 p.m., St. Mary Help of Christians Church, St. Augusta. Topics: “Exploring the Essential Elements of a Vibrant Parish,” “We are Called to Journey Together…” and “Vocations to the Priesthood: Looking Back and Looking Ahead.”
- May 6: 6 to 8:30 p.m., St. Andrew Church, Elk River. Topics: “Exploring the Essential Elements of a Vibrant Parish,” “Future of the Hispanic/Latino ministries: V Encuentro Reflections and Actions to Take in our Diocese” and “Living out our Catholic identity: How our Faith Supports us through the Challenges and Celebrations of Life” (interpreted into Spanish).
- May 15: 6 to 8:30 p.m., St. Mary Church, Alexandria. Topics: “Estate Planning and Taxes,” “A New Era in Catholic Youth Ministry” and “The Who, What and Why of Annulments.”
- Aug. 14: 9 a.m. to noon, St. James Church, Randall. Topics: “Exploring the Essential Elements of a Vibrant Parish,” “Educating the Family on Challenging Topics” and “Social Media Do’s and Don’ts.”
- Aug. 21: 6 to 8:30 p.m., Assumption Church, Morris. Topics: “The Voice of the Assembly,” “Becoming Who We’re Called to Be At Work: How the Workplace Forms Disciples” and “We are Called to Journey Together…”
- Aug. 28: 9 a.m. to noon, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church, Isanti. Topics: “Using Technology to Tell the Stories of Jesus Christ, our Parishes, and the Christ in Us,” “Baptized in Christ’s Body, Called in Christ’s Service” and “Unlocking the Restless Heart: Finding Our Own Story in the Life of St. Augustine.”
- Sept. 19: 6 to 8:30 p.m. St. Louis Church, Paynesville. Topics: “Hospitality: Would YOU come back?” “Do You Realize What I Have Done For You? Servant Leadership Skills” and “Estate Planning and Taxes.”
For a list of topics, speakers and registration information, visit the RMG webpage at www.stcdio.org/regional-gatherings.