Catholic Charities Senior Dining congregate dining rooms will reopen Monday, Aug. 2 across Central Minnesota for adults age 60 and over in Albany, Elk River, Maple Lake, Mora, North Branch, Paynesville, Princeton and St. Cloud. Additional sites will be reopening beginning in September.
Sites and hours are as follows:
- Albany: Monday-Friday, 11:15 a.m. to 12 p.m. — Pond View Estates, 334 Golfview Dr., Albany. Call 320-845-4070 for a reservation.
- Elk River: Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — Guardian Oaks Apartments, 350 Evans Ave. NW, Elk River.
- Maple Lake: Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. — Manor West Apartments, 555 W 2nd St., Maple Lake.
- Mora: Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. — Dala House, 470 Bean Ave., Mora. Call 320- 679-4029 for a reservation.
- North Branch: Monday-Friday, 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — Chisago County Senior Center, 38790 6th Ave., North Branch.
- Paynesville: Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. — Paynesville Area Center, 1105 W. Main St., Paynesville.
- Princeton: Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. — Crystal Court Apartments, 604 S 3rd St., Princeton.
- St. Cloud: Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — Whitney Senior Center, 1527 Northway Dr., St. Cloud.
New diners are also welcomed and will be asked to complete an annual registration form upon arrival, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of St. Cloud said in a news release July 15. No eligible person is denied a meal based on their ability to pay.
“Our Senior Dining staff and volunteers are excited to reopen the congregate dining rooms again to enhance social connections for diners while promoting their safety, health and well-being,” said Ruth Hunstiger, director of Catholic Charities Community Services.
Although congregate dining locations have been closed since March 13, 2020, diners were able to continue receiving meals, utilizing curbside pickup, Meals on Wheels or monthly frozen meal distribution options.
When dining rooms reopen, established safety protocols for each location will be strictly adhered to. Diners who have not been vaccinated will be asked to wear a mask when in the building, except while eating. Social distancing among diners will be required and seating will be limited at the dining tables.
Senior Dining will continue to provide the following options for diners in addition to congregate dining:
- Meals on Wheels for homebound individuals: Monday and Wednesday
- Takeout/curbside pickup: 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monthly frozen meal distributions; visit ccstcloud.org/events for locations
For more information about Catholic Charities Senior Dining, visit www.ccstcloud.org/senior-dining or call 320-229-4584.