Diocesan Ministry Day — Monday, September, 30 — is a day that celebrates all those serving in a multitude of ministerial fields across the 16 counties of the Diocese of St. Cloud. Not only does the day include a time to worship together with Bishop Donald Kettler, it also provides intensive workshops that focus on supporting those who meet the pastoral and spiritual needs of the people living in our communities. The Bishop’s Annual Appeal raises funds in support of these vital ministries.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER Laura Kelly Fanucci will present “Serve, Speak, Lead: Our Baptismal Call to Be Priest, Prophet, and King”
At our baptism, we were anointed to follow Christ as “priest, prophet, and king.” But what does this call mean for us in our ordinary lives and work? While some of us are priests, few would claim to be prophets or kings! Yet in this challenging time in our Church’s history, how does our baptismal call unite us, support us, encourage us, and send us out in the world to serve, speak, and lead? How might our shared calling hold the joy, hope, and strength we need to light our faith on fire today?
7 LUNCHTIME CONVERSATIONS
- A discussion on topics surrounding marriage and family life
- A discussion on topics in liturgy
- A discussion on missions and fair trade
- A discussion on topics around multicultural parish and school ministry
- A discussion on Area Catholic Communities
- Lay ministry formation – what are my options?
- How to keep your cool in a hot mess…tools to help with stress, anxiety and finding calm in a busy world (This is a workshop through lunch, not a lunchtime conversation.)
WORKSHOP TOPICS – A SAMPLING
- Youth and young adult ministry
- HR fundamentals
- Role of pastoral councils
- Living the Beatitudes
- Exploring racism
- Technology and parish life
- Creative prayer practices
- Mental health awareness
- Understanding forgiveness
- Praying with the Saint John’s Bible
- Liturgical music
- Effective and transparent communications
- Caring for the bereaved
- Hope and healing for caregivers
- Vocational calling
- Area Catholic Communities
- Radical hospitality
- Compassion fatigue and resilience
- Human connection matters
- Latino youth and young adult ministry
- Living with integrity
- Missionary discipleship
2 ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
- SUNDAY, SEPT. 29 EVENING RETREAT: DISCERNING OUR BAPTISMAL CALL
All are welcome to join Sister Michelle L’Allier, OSF, at the Saint John’s Abbey Chapter House as she leads us in a short retreat focused on our baptismal call and how we respond.
- SUNDAY, SEPT. 29 EVENING SOCIAL: BEER, BRATS & BISHOP
Come together in this social gathering hosted by Bishop Kettler at Br. Willie’s Pub and enjoy a pint of beer and a brat as you share in conversation, laughter, networking and just plain fun!
DIOCESAN MINISTRY DAY is open to everyone. Learn more and register at http://www.stcdio.org/DMD/