The Church exists from age to age to proclaim the Gospel and to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Standing on the foundation laid by the preceding generations, the Diocese of Saint Cloud seeks to foster vibrancy for the sake of Jesus Christ. The current 131 parishes within our diocese are home to 125,000 Catholics across central Minnesota. Every generation has its gifts and challenges. In the present age, we are facing a decline in Catholic population and priests across the diocese. To continue to thrive, we are inviting these eucharistic communities to come together to intentionally collaborate for the mission of the universal Church.
Every parish in the Diocese of Saint Cloud will be part of an Area Catholic Community consisting of two or more parishes in a given area. All Area Catholic Communities will collaborate to provide for the pastoral and spiritual needs of all. As Area Catholic Communities share resources, talents and efforts, we hope to re-energize Catholics so all parishes thrive in the Diocese of Saint Cloud.
• As Catholic Christians by virtue of our baptism, we have the responsibility to carry out the priestly, prophetic and kingly roles in the parish and community.
• Every parish has something unique and special to bring to the Area Catholic Community.
• Leaders from each parish together play an important role in providing the leadership for the needs of the whole Area Catholic Community.
• Every Area Catholic Community celebrates the Sunday Eucharist weekly.
• Intentional collaboration between all area parishes will need to happen to meet the pastoral and spiritual needs of all, including fostering vocations and evangelization.
• Everyone serving in leadership positions will need strong, ongoing formation according to their role.
• Every Area Catholic Community will determine the best approach for good stewardship of facilities, finances, staff and programs to meet the pastoral and spiritual needs of the Area Catholic Community.
• Every parishioner will have access to Sunday Eucharist within 25-30 miles.
• Priests will celebrate only three Masses on a given weekend (not including funerals/weddings) unless given special permission from the bishop.