Two listening sessions previously scheduled for February following a recent allegation of past sexual misconduct involving Father Antonio Marfori have been rescheduled for later this month.
The previous sessions were canceled due to inclement weather. They have been rescheduled for the following times:
• 6 p.m., Thursday, April 21, for St. Paul Church in Sauk Centre (to be held at Our Lady of Angels Church due to the remodel project at St. Paul’s.)
• 8 p.m., Thursday, April 21, at St. Agnes Church in Roscoe (with St. Margaret, Lake Henry).
Because of the allegation, Bishop Donald Kettler had asked a Diocesan Response Team to hold listening sessions for the people of the parishes in which Father Marfori served. Previous sessions have been held at Sts. Peter and Paul, Gilman (with St. Elizabeth, Brennyville, and St. Joseph, Morrill); at Cathedral High School (with St. Francis Xavier, Sartell); and at Christ Our Light, Zimmerman.
Father Antonio Marfori served in the following parishes: St. Francis Xavier, Sartell, part-time associate, October 1978; Cathedral High School, St. Cloud, 1978-1980; St. Paul, Sauk Centre, 1980-1984; post-graduate studies, 1984-1985; St. Agnes, Roscoe, 1985-1993; St. Margaret, Lake Henry (while continuing at St. Agnes), 1987-1993; St. Pius X, Zimmerman, 1993-2007; St. Anne, Kimball, 2007-2008; canonical administrator, St. Elizabeth, Brennyville, Sts. Peter and Paul, Gilman, and St. Joseph, Morrill, 2008-2010; leave of absence (medical), 2010.
People are invited to attend either of the above listening sessions.
These sessions have three primary goals:
• to assure parishioners of Bishop Kettler’s support and assistance;
• to offer a process whereby sexual misconduct issues/concerns can be voiced and discussed; and
• to allow other potential victims the opportunity to come forward and receive assistance and healing.
The Diocesan Response Team will be present for any parishioners who wish to attend. The listening sessions will not be open to the news media.